I hope over time to get here a few links to some interesting things I’ve noticed on the web. Not necessarily ‘favourites’ but things that have at least got my attention one way or another.
- How to get the most out of those ‘one bowl, one visit‘ to the buffet bar situations.
- Some unusual sounds from the depths of the ocean on the Listen To The Deep site. (Apparently the U.S. Department of Defence doesn’t like this sort of thing in case you pick up one of their submarines!)
- A short video about how the Scottish independence referendum is seen from the Far East.
- Best ‘beauty advert‘ I think I’ve ever seen, and so true!
- For a bit of music fun go across to GuerillaGorilla on Vimeo, though he also has his own video site. He seems to have been doing this for the last few years.
- The perils of having long hair, as seen by the North Korean authorities. Apparently it can rob the brain of energy!
- Their catchphrase may be “Ideas Worth Spreading”, but the TED site has some interesting talks from the various TED conferences that happen around the world.
- Cambridge in Colour is a site with some really good explanations and tutorials about digital cameras. Useful for those thinking about buying a camera as to ‘what’s what’, and for those with a camera who want to make the most from it.
- A short film on Vimeo of how nothing became everything.
(last updated 2012-01-23)